Below is the link to the latest entry on Just for the Trip,
now on its third season.

Just for the Trip : S3

  • Sex and Politics - Sorry guys but I need to put things in perspective when I am within the confines of my blog. I will be talking about political issues on a blog with sex a...
    10 years ago
 

Monday, January 2, 2012

On the Second Day

“Bloggers are not writers.” My visitor reiterated what he just heard from the movie we’re watching last night. “I heard that.” I said. I looked at him and I just could see his face grinning as if to mock me. Yeah I am a blogger and he is too, or at least he was. “He doesn’t have the credibility to say that. He’s a scientist and not a writer.” I told him.

-----

It’s been a month since my last blog entry. I was actually contemplating of not writing anymore or maybe I would go mainstream. However, I thought that blogging has really improved my skill in writing and abandoning it may bring me back to the dark ages. I must say blogging has taught me a lot about writing.

-----

It’s my tradition to spend the New Year’s Eve alone. I think this is the best time when I can cook a new dish without anyone present to witness how I did it. At least if ever I made a disaster out of my experimentation, nobody would taunt me. I could easily sweep off the mess with no trace at all.

-----

The night before the New Year’s Eve, I brought my sister and brother-in-law to a Korean restaurant in Burgos Street, Makati Avenue. The dinner was good and sumptuous. Thus, my plan of going Korean for the Noche Buena is screwed. I thought of another dish, then. I don’t want to prepare more than two dishes. I wanted a dished that has it all and so I thought of the “paella” that was demonstrated on TV just a few days ago. The chef said that the dish has already everything. It has rice, meat, vegetables, and seafood. What else can beat that?

-----

The internet provided me a variety of recipes for the “paella” but I chose the one that says “for beginners”. I copied the ingredients and went to the grocery at 6PM. I started to prepare the ingredients at 8 and then went through the instructions in the internet and found out that it has many steps. So I called Chef and asked for his own procedure. Two procedures to consider and it added to my confusion. WTH. I think I should put my own instinct on this.

-----

Ten thirty, I started to place the pan on the burner, put olive oil and sautéed the garlic, onions, chicken, chorizo, and pepper (red, green, and yellow). I put salt, paprika, thyme, rosemary and cumin. After that, I set them aside and sautéed the rice in olive oil. I added the chicken broth, put saffron and stir it well. I then mixed the chicken to the rice. When the rice is cooked, I put the green peas and capers on top of it, followed by the mussels, clams, crabs, and prawns. Fifteen minutes before the clock struck at midnight, the “paella” is already cooked. I placed it on the table and garnished it with red, green and yellow peppers, egg and limes.

-----

The New Year’s Eve went smoothly with me taking photos of the fireworks display outside our terrace and ate my first meal alone. Am I lonely? Absolutely not. I feel like I own the place, the world.

-----

I received a text from a friend asking who I am with at home. I told him I am alone. He texted back and said he’ll come over. He brought his own food preparation, a salad. I offered him the “paella” I cooked the night before. He told me he was allergic to chicken. I thought, “One food critique, down.”

-----

“I’ll be going straight this year.” I heard him say. I just gave out a smirk. “You think I would be able to carry it out?” He asked me. “No.” I answered. “Why not? There should be a reason why. You always say that.” He asked further. “ You can have a girlfriend or a wife, but it doesn’t always mean you are straight.” I told him. “You think I could find a woman who can understand me when I confess to her that I once love to suck dicks?” He asked. “Maybe yes. Look for someone who are too open-minded or go to a rural area and look for a girl whom you can bully with your ideas.” I answered back, smiling.

-----

Mr. Straight-to-be and I looked for something to watch. He spotted “Immortals” on our CD selections. “Haven’t you watched it yet?” I asked him. “I did but I did not understand the story because I was focusing on the bodies of the characters.” The next film we watch was “Thor”. Well, that’s another hunky character for the soon- to-be straight gay man.

-----

Mr. Straight-to-be told me that another friend would be coming over. He told me that we could “make out” if we like when he arrived. I asked him why he kept on pushing me on this friend of ours if he’s the one who has been desiring him ever since. He told me that I am the one whom our friend really wants. I told him to shut up.

-----

The second friend came. We went for the fridge and took all we can eat and drink. Chef also arrived and we decided to buy beer. We volunteered Mr. Straight-to-be to buy the beer alone, after all straight people would want to prove their prowess.

-----

Mr. Straight-to-be proved to be “manly” at the grocery store. His voice changed. He put more power on it. "Pogi, may ibang kulay ba kayo na tanduay ice?" I only smiled.

-----

We drank the beer and the two bottles of red wine. The first person who showed drunkenness was Mr. Straight-to-be. We teased him. We told him that we like “gays that are straight”. He was trying to be consistent though. He sat away from us. Drunk?

-----

We finished the beers and more films. However, before the two left, the second friend pulled me to the bedroom. No, we did not make-out. He told me that he had a story to tell. We sat on the couch inside our bedroom and I listen to his story.

-----

“You should consider your partner’s suggestion to try threesome because if you don’t he would try it without you knowing it.” I told him. “What if he would like the third party?’” He asked. “So what? That is only sex. But if he would leave you because of the third party, then he really doesn’t love you or at least value your relationship. You don’t have to push yourself on him. Let him go.” I replied. “Or, since your partner gave you the hand to pick for the third party, you must choose the lousy one. That would secure your position with him.” Mr. Straight-to-be offered his two cents.

-----

Time to leave. The second friend and I hugged each other. Mr. Straight-to-be went out of our door. “Where’s my hug?” Chef asked him. Mr. Straight-to-be entered the room again and let Chef hug him. “You can never be straight if you won’t hug him back. Straight men are not bothered to hug gay men.” I taunted him. He gave me the “whatever” look. “Good luck for your quest and keep me posted.” I gave him a non-convincing smile.

-----

So here it is. My first blog entry. I supposed I am not quitting writing, err blogging. If you wouldn’t take blogging as writing, so what is then?

2 comments:

Mugen said...

And I say your entry this time is very much different from what I've read the last.

I have a feeling that a blogging renaissance is coming.

Welcome back, Kuya Trip. :)

Trip said...

hahaha. thanks but i am not sure if i could maintain that "difference" and if ever i hope it would be on the good side. :)

 


Labels


Followers