Below is the link to the latest entry on Just for the Trip,
now on its third season.

Just for the Trip : S3

  • Sex and Politics - Sorry guys but I need to put things in perspective when I am within the confines of my blog. I will be talking about political issues on a blog with sex a...
    10 years ago
 

Monday, April 5, 2010

Grizzly Bear

A grizzly bear or other bears may sound tough and animalistic, but there is no consolation if the bear is trapped by his own carelessness.

We found them sitting on one of the fast food’s dining tables. HB walked straight to the counter to order food while I sit beside Jake and Jan who at that time are teasing at each other. Jake was calling Jan ”grizzly bear”, a moniker unfamiliar to me. I wondered how Jake coined the word because never did I hear a nick like that in relation to Jan. I stayed quiet and continued listening to their exchange of words. I keep on hearing the “grizzly bear” from Jake while Jan is telling him that he is just envying him.  Later I found out that the tease was from the context of Jan’s most recent sexual encounter.

I tried to get my green mind working. With my experience, I thought I could just decode the term in no time. A grizzly bear is a huge and ferocious mammal. I thought perhaps Jan is telling Jake how rough the sex he just had.  I look at Jan. He could act like that, I thought. He is gym-fit and aggressive. However, as the teasing continued, I found out finally that they are actually talking about Jan’s bare-backing his regular fuck buddy or fubu.

Bare-backing is a sexual behaviour or practice of having an intercourse without using a condom or “rubber”. Unsafe as it is, this practice is not advisable for obvious reasons. I recalled one time HB nearly forgot to put on a rubber when we invited someone to have a threesome with us. We considered the third party as a friend already but I keep on reminding myself that it is always to be safe than sorry. Bare-backing is unsafe sex practice. That is the most basic rule.

I look at Jan questioningly. I always reminded him of safe sex whenever he went out for a sexual encounter. He looked back defensively and tells me that he and his fubu are exclusive. I told him that he could never be sure because they are not together 24/7 of the time. I added that it is very dangerous to assume that he is the only one bare-backing his fubu. If he allowed Jan to do that to him, there is a great chance that he has allowed others too.

There is an upward trend of HIV infection in the country.  In order to avoid oneself become part of the statistic, there is only one solution.  Practice safe sex or no sex at all. A grizzly bear or other bears may sound tough and animalistic, but there is no consolation if the bear is trapped by his own carelessness.

0 comments:

 


Labels


Followers